Third grade is a very special year in your child’s school career. Students will be making the transition from a primary student to an intermediate student. The third grade team of teachers can’t wait to guide them along this journey as they become more independent and responsible learners. Please review your classroom teacher's handbook for the nuts and bolts of third grade. Visit your child’s individual teacher site for more specific details regarding classroom policies and procedures.
Third Grade Homework
Please see letter and article that was sent home with your child.
- 3rd grade spelling lists
- spelling words will come home weekly with Homework Bingo
- spelling practice to include all third grade high frequency words
- spelling test (5 known words - from weekly list, 5 unknown - fitting pattern, 2 high frequency words from 3rd grade list) on Thursdays.
- Spelling Expectations
- regular practice of math facts
- EDM4 - Math Home Links and suppliments
Birthdays - See below for the Meridian Birthday Menu and encourage your child to pick an activity for their birthday. This can be returned to your child's teacher a week before the celebration. Thank you for supporting our school wide healthy celebrations!
End of Year Summer Review Packets - Students have worked really hard this year to make gains in all areas! We definitely encourage you to work at home over the summer to review 3rd grade material in order for them to come into 4th grade fresh and ready to go. Of course you are free to find your own resources, but you are welcome to see the attachments below for summer reviews in reading, writing and math.