Third grade is a very special year in your child’s school career. Students will be making the transition from a primary student to an intermediate student. The third grade team of teachers can’t wait to guide them along this journey as they become more independent and responsible learners. Please review your classroom teacher's handbook for the nuts and bolts of third grade. Visit your child’s individual teacher site for more specific details regarding classroom policies and procedures.
Third Grade Homework Expectations for 2021 - 2022
- Daily M-F practice of math facts (ie. fact triangles, Xtra Math, flash cards)
- For families wishing to have additional practice related to our current Math Unit https://everydaymath.uchicago.edu/parents/3rd-grade/em4-at-home/unit_2/
Word Work Expectations:
- word work words (Foundations of Reading) will come home weekly in student planners
- word work practice to include all third grade high frequency words
- Formative Word Work on Fridays.
- Spelling Expectations Handbook 2020.pdf
- spelling expectations.pdf
- Daily Reading , 20 minutes required first semester, minimum 30 minutes second semester. See links below for suggestions for 3rd grade reading success.
3rd Grade Parent Handbook - Please read through the document and contact your child's teacher with any questions!Handbook 2020.pdf