If you are moving into the area and will need to register for the remainder of 2016-17 school year, please call the office at 720-972-7880 for information on space availability and the enrollment process.
2017-2018 Registration Information
Meridian Elementary and Coyote Ridge Elementary will once again team up to help address some of the enrollment challenges facing part of our district. Meridian Elementary’s enrollment has steadily climbed over the past few years to the point of exhausting the instructional space available for students.The community’s values of safety and environments promoting academic success led to the difficult decision to cap the enrollment at Meridian effective August 21, 2015. Coyote Ridge is located nearby in the Broadlands neighborhood. Both schools have similar achievement figures and share an instructional coach. The Coyote Ridge staff is excited to welcome Meridian families into their community. Transportation will be provided to Coyote Ridge.
- Registrations will be taken daily from 8am - 3pm
- You must live in our attendance area in order to register at Meridian.
- Registration for grades 1-5 will be taken on a waitlist basis. At the end of the year when we evaluate how many spaces we have available in each grade level due to students moving, or going to another school, we will begin taking families off of the waitlist. If we don’t have enough spots in each grade level to accommodate families, they will be sent to Coyote Ridge.
- EDKP Registration: EDKP is currently full, but students will be enrolled in AM kindergarten, and placed on the waitlist for EDKP on a first come first serve basis.
- Registration for AM Kindergarten is available.
Due to the growing facility needs in the district, Adams 12 Five Star Schools formed a Long Range Planning Advisory Committee in September of 2015 made up of staff, parent leaders and citizen representatives. The committee developed a bond plan that was approved by the Five Star Community in November of 2016. As a result of the bond passing, a new PK-8 school will be built in Anthem Highlands that will relieve the overcrowding at Meridian Elementary. The new school is expected to open in Fall of 2018 at which point the modified cap on enrollment will be removed from Meridian Elementary.
Thank you for your continued partnership with our schools. We look forward to helping one another through this transition and looking for additional opportunities for the two schools to partner in support of student success.